Wedding season has officially started and it’s off to a great start! I can’t wait to share them all with you. I have a styled engagement session coming to the blog in a couple weeks which I’m really thrilled about! Stay tuned for sneak peeks on my instagram. For now, I have a mini self portrait session I did with Jake last weekend at the very start of cherry blossom season. I wish I could go back this weekend to take more photos while they’re in full bloom! If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it.
Jake is working in Barrie this summer and half my weekends are booked up for weddings so I figured we should get some nice summer-esk photos before the craziness starts! This summer is going to be so busy and it’s already started for me, but I am thrilled for what’s ahead. Ottawa has been so kind to me this year, I’m second shooting for so many amazing photographers and have some weddings on my own! I am surprised at how fast I’ve been able to meet other photographers, and how willing they all are to help me get work, it’s truly incredible. I am so so grateful for this amazing community. I am looking forward to my first wedding this weekend and will keep you guys posted on social media, so If you don’t already, follow me on instagram and facebook
I did a poll on instagram and most of you wanted a personal blog post this week so here are 10 random facts about me!
1) Jake and I have a minor plant obsession that is growing constantly (pun intended). We have 7 house plants right now. (Scrims & Plant and Curio are my favourite shops to get plants from)
2) My favourite part about photographing weddings is taking the bride and groom away from the craziness to get some romantic one on one photos.
3) I am from Calgary and am absolutely in love with and miss the mountains like you wouldn’t believe.
4) I love chocolate and ice cream. I am dairy free and my favourite df ice cream in Ottawa is Moo shu (they also have the best gluten free waffle cones) and ThimbleCakes (they also has gluten free cones!)
5) I have 4 tattoos, and am always wanting more.
6) I went to NAIT for Photographic Technology and graduated in 2014
7) I read a lot of murder mystery books
8) I can lick my nose
9) My favourite country to photograph is Ireland
10) I’m a bit obsessed with skin care and always have face masks ready for when I need (If you ever want to have an at home spa day with some wine, hit me up, I’m always down!)
I hope you all enjoy these images. Please comment, like, and share with your friends.