Recently I’ve been a bit obsessed with matcha so here are a couple delish matcha recipes!
Iced Matcha Latte
- *About 1/2 Cup Milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk, you can use that or whatever you’d like)
- 1 Teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
- You’ll need to boil water first and while you wait add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of honey to your favourite mug or glass.
- Once water is boiled fill your mug about *half full and use your matcha whisk (a fork works as well) to whisk it all together.
- Once everything is smoothed and whisked together add some ice and top with your favourite milk.
*This one you can personalize depending on how much milk to water ratio you want. I like 50/50.
Simple, easy, caffeinated and oh so tasty!
Matcha Energy Bites (Makes aproximately 12 bites)
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 4 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2.5 Medjool Dates
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Matcha
- 1.5 Tablespoon Rolled Oats
- Put all ingredients into food processor and process away until perfectly blended
- Once they’re blended roll them into 1inch thick bites
- leave them in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or so
Chocolate Coating (Optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 squares of 85% dark chocolate (I love super rich dark chocolate, but feel free to use your preferred chocolate)
- Mix those two ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and all the chocolate is melted – You can do this over stovetop or in the microwave, both work well, as long as it’s all melted and smooth.
- Then fully coat the pre-chilled bites by dropping into the bowl and rolling it around (I used a spoon for this and found it helpful)
- Once all are coated put them back into the fridge to cool down*
*I did this process twice to get a nice thick chocolate layer