These are my top 10 recommendations for Amazing Elopement Locations in Ontario.
The biggest decision you will make when planning your elopement is where to actually have your elopement. Most often people want a place that speaks to their heart! A place that ties their hobbies and values together.
Seems easy enough, except for the fact that we are constantly bombarded online with pretty pictures from high-end international elopements and styled shoots. This makes it more overwhelming and these styles can influence what we think we want. It makes it seem like these big grandiose sites and decor are achievable when they might be challenging to execute or incredibly expensive.
We are so lucky to live here in Canada because we have so much green space to play with! It’s such a privilege to have the incredible backyard that we do.
Without further ado here are some incredible elopement locations right here in Ontario for you all!
Northern Ontario Region
- Manitoulin Island – Hop on a ferry get your shoes a little muddy and you will be at the most incredible lookout ever! This quiet island is perfect for those who like the outdoors but also like to chill. https://www.ontariotrails.on.ca/index.php?url=trails/view/cup-saucer-trail
2. Sault St. Marie – Jake and I did a road trip up through this area a number of years back and it still is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. There are tons of incredible beachfront campsites here where the sky never stops being amazing. Incredibly colourful and beautiful sunsets followed by a sky so full of stars you don’t need a flashlight to go pee in the middle of the night! Now that’s my kind of camping. It’s a bit of a trek but if you’re looking to really dive into nature, get off the grid and make the most of your elopement this area will not disappoint.
3. Ouimet Canyon – This is close to Thunder Bay so it’s a hike for all my Ottawa, Hamilton and in between folks. But I wouldn’t add it to this list if I didn’t think it was worth it. This is perfect for those couples who want big grand lookouts and cliffs in the background of their pictures. https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/ouimetcanyon
4. Killarney Provincial Park – A little bit further up on the Georgian Bay we have this incredibly stunning and quiet Provincial Park. This is another great quiet oasis. Lots of great hike spots, camping spots for those outdoorsy folk. http://www.ontarioparks.com/park/killarney
Southern & Central Ontario
5. Chedoke Falls – Right here in Hamilton Ontario we have a beautiful number of waterfalls that will make your elopement look like it actually happened in Iceland! This one, in particular, is my favourite but don’t be fooled because there are many many more to check out!
6. Tobermory and the Bruce Peninsula – The entire tip of the Bruce Peninsula is pretty stunning and incredible. You have Lions Head, Tobermory, Johnston Harbour, Flower Pot Island, and going further down the west side you have Sauble Beach and more. There are a number of hikes, paths, beaches, Airbnbs and other great gems to get hitched at. The water is like in the Caribbean but with our own special Canadian rock formations. It’s great for those who just want to explore freely! I highly recommend looking into BnB’s, rental cottages and Airbnb’s for this area! https://tobermory.com/
7. Elora Gorge Conservation Area – Super close to Toronto but you wouldn’t know it without being told. It’s a beautiful lush green area with a stunning river running right through it. Great for those who want an adventure without having to go too far from the big city of Toronto. https://www.grandriver.ca/en/outdoor-recreation/Elora-Gorge.aspx
8. Hardy Lake Provincial Park – When researching locations for epic elopements the number of Muskoka locations that came up was substantial and I thought, screw that! There are tons of gems across this entire province, you don’t need to go to Muskoka to get epicness! With that being said, this pocket of Muskoka is pretty unforgettable and worth mentioning. https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/hardylake/alerts
9. Bon Echo Park – I’m obsessed with Bon Echo. It’s small, quiet, and so incredibly diverse. Beaches with views of cliffs, forests and hiking paths for days, you can absolutely get what you want here! You also can camp here, which is a bonus for this camping loving hillbilly! https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/bonecho
10. The Grist Mill – The only indoor location on this list. I wanted to make sure I had one indoor option. This is an excellent venue for those of you who want a proper/more traditional venue. This is by no means is super traditional but it’s so funky and such a fabulous space to get married in. I can’t recommend it enough. Also, my favourite beauty bus (https://www.instagram.com/itsjacquiek/) is usually parked outside the mill. You can get your make-up, hair and nails done on the bus and, of course, use it as a prop for photos!
11. Sanctuary In The County – This Airbnb is so incredible. It’s a great getaway but it also can host events. Another great option for people looking for an adventurous elopement with less outdoors involved! Or spend the day adventuring, getting married and having fun then come back here for an intimate evening in. This also happens to be right in the county and is close to tons of great food spots and wineries. https://www.airbnb.ca/users/140271827/listings
In summary! There are tons of epic elopement locations all across this province. There is no shortage of incredible spots. Do what speaks to your heart and makes you happy, it’s your elopement!