At-Home Engagement Session – Hamilton
Laura & Will had a beautiful engagement session here in Hamilton. We started in a beautiful park by Dundas and ended in their own backyard. Their own space was the perfect location for their engagement pictures because they felt so comfortable there and it really shows on camera. Your home space is one of the best spaces to photograph in.
Five tips for the best engagement session images;
- The answers to your what, where, to-wear, when should be; because it feels comfortable, authentic and in alignment with our values.
- Remember this is for fun. Don’t take it too seriously! Come in with a good attitude. Not only will the photos be better but you’ll have more fun and associate the images with these fun memories.
- Give into the process. Some things will make you feel a little uncomfortable or odd but have faith that I want you to look your absolute best! Feel free to bring your own ideas and speak up if something doesn’t feel right but getting outside of your comfort zone is always a good thing!
- Location matters way more and way less than you think it does. If you think having perfectly beautiful fall trees in a picturesque park matters, unfortunately you’re wrong. At least with me as your photographer. Going somewhere sentimental that feels like home to you even if it’s a bit messy or imperfect is where the best photos will come from. These photos will be with you forever so pick a place that your heart will hold dear forever. Not some random park that’s pretty. I photograph a lot less background than you likely think I will! What matters is you and your story!
- If we’re going somewhere in public leave everything in the car. Phones, wallets, purses… All of it! It should stay in your car because while i’m shooting I can’t simultaneously be watching and protecting your belongings. You want empty pockets and empty hands!